David Brown is a photographer with almost 50 years of experience in many phases of photography. He has been a wedding and commercial photographer, a darkroom technician, and a teacher.
Currently, he is concentrating on teaching and lecturing. He has recurring darkroom workshops at the Dallas Center for Photography. Link
Brown is equally skilled in both film and digital processes. While he prefers black and white film and the darkroom for monochrome images, all color work is created and printed with digital methods.
After a lifetime of landscapes, architectural and documentary work, Brown now seeks to create photographs that he first “sees” in his mind, rather than capturing a scene that he encounters and documents. As part of that process, he has moved into the studio, and is experimenting with still life, macro, and small abstract setups. He believes that one must never stop learning and moving forward!
- East Texas Pipe Organ Festival Archives, Kilgore, Texas, November 2014, March 2015, November 2015
- Jeanette Kennedy Gallery, Dallas, 2014
- Cathedral of Saint Matthew, Dallas, 2010
- Jeanette Kennedy Gallery, Dallas, 2009
- Texas Tech University School of Architecture, 2009 (with lecture presentation)
- Abilene Camera Club, 2008 (with lecture presentation)
- University of North Texas, 2007
- TBA: The Travel Channel – details coming Fall 2018
- Videos created to promote SILVER exhibition 2014: LINK to Youtube
- Texas Country Reporter 2007, (television) segment on Youtube: LINK to Youtube
Lectures, workshops, and publications:
- Dallas Center for Photography, Beginning Darkroom Workshop, (ongoing)
- Texas Museum of Broadcasting and Communications, lecture and slideshow, May 2018
- Trinity Arts Photo Club, Bedford, lecture, April 2017
- The Chautauqua Festival, Longview, lecture and slideshow, April 2017
- IN Magazine, Nov/Dec 2015
- An American Classic (book), October 2015
- Yearbook of the Film and Darkroom User Forum (England) 2015
- Yearbook of the Film and Darkroom User Forum (England) 2014