I have almost 50 years of experience in many phases of photography. I have been a wedding and commercial photographer, a darkroom technician, and a teacher.
Currently, I am concentrating on teaching and lecturing and teach darkroom workshops at the Dallas Center for Photography. Link
I am comfortable with both film and digital processes. While I have historically preferred black and white film and the darkroom for monochrome images, all color work and some recent monochrome is created and printed with digital methods.
After a lifetime of landscapes, architectural and documentary work, I would like to make more photographs that I first “see” in my mind, rather than capturing a scene that I encounter. As part of that process, I’ve moved into the studio, experimenting with still life, macro, and small abstract setups. I believe that one must never stop learning and moving forward! However, this is still a “work in process” and not much is ready for public viewing.
- East Texas Pipe Organ Festival Archives, Kilgore, Texas, November 2014, March 2015, November 2015
- Jeanette Kennedy Gallery, Dallas, 2014
- Cathedral of Saint Matthew, Dallas, 2010
- Jeanette Kennedy Gallery, Dallas, 2009
- Texas Tech University School of Architecture, 2009 (with lecture presentation)
- Abilene Camera Club, 2008 (with lecture presentation)
- University of North Texas, 2007
- Videos created to promote SILVER exhibition 2014: LINK to Youtube
- Texas Country Reporter 2007, (television) segment on Youtube: LINK to Youtube
Lectures, workshops, and publications:
- Dallas Center for Photography, Darkroom Workshops, (ongoing)
- Texas Museum of Broadcasting and Communications, lecture and slideshow, May 2018
- Trinity Arts Photo Club, Bedford, lecture, April 2017
- The Chautauqua Festival, Longview, lecture and slideshow, April 2017
- IN Magazine, Nov/Dec 2015
- An American Classic (book), October 2015
- Yearbook of the Film and Darkroom User Forum (England) 2015
- Yearbook of the Film and Darkroom User Forum (England) 2014